Monday 5 August 2013

Resub// CG on Live action


My CG on live action file broke and I had no way to recover it so I'm going to explain the way I did it before it broke. Firstly I had to get my boxhead character spaceship to perform a simple drop in, in maya, by way of making a simple vertical moving down animation. Once with was done I had to use a virtual camera on Maya to record this animation, so what I would be left with is a black screen with a small red spaceship descending into it. This was saved as an image sequence.


Above is what I was left with after taking the animation into after effects. Now it was time to layer this onto the live action footage I had so it would look like the alien ship is dropping down onto the actor below.

I then added some shadows too make it look a bit more realistic. I would have liked to have spent more time on this as towards the end of doing these visual I actually started to enjoy it, but under the pressure of resubmission it was hard to enjoy it fully. 



No comments:

Post a Comment