Friday 2 August 2013

Resub// Compositing


After completing the live action on live action it was time to move on to the live action on CG background. The first step for this was to key out the character from the green screen background. After having done this before I found this straightforward and it took a lot less time to acquire a well keyed out character.

I also had to make a background for the clip to be composited onto. The background was made in Maya with the cube tool and hyper shade and I think provides a rugged simple background for the actor to stand against. Its important to change the colour between the wall and the floor as it adds a better depth of field



I was going to add some shadows but there already appears to be some at the actors feet so I thought it was best to leave the shadows incase i added some which didn't blend with the environment or the original shadows.

This was a simple enough process to get my head around but I know now that I can definitely take these skills to the next level with some more practice, and apply these skills to future pieces of work. 
However I know I have to get better at this as my CG will look too much like its CG and then ruin the film and make me look like a hypocrite. But as long as its done well  I can get away with some green screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment