Monday 22 July 2013

ResubbPPP// Harbour Pictures

Another company i'm going to be looking at is Harbour Pictures. They've got a lot of new productions coming up and I think it will be a great opportunity to link up with others in my field to try to get a lot more hands on film experience. This particular production is a remake of Arthur Ransom's  Swallows and Amazons. A wonderful tale of two families of children going on adventures in the lake district in northern England. My largest concern is that it wont be filmed in the lake district, it will be green screened in a studio in London, which I think would be a massive shame as the beauty and serenity of the english countryside should only be captured through a camera.

Harbour Pictures have produced two well known feature films: Calendar Girls and Kinky Boots. Kinky  Boots was actually filmed about 20 minutes from me as it focuses on the cobbling history of Northampton which is my closest town.



These smaller production companies are a good place for me to start getting film experience. Despite my final goal being a director I really want to work on a film set doing a variety of different jobs so I can get a good broad knowledge of the industry and how each and every individual cog works so when I come to direct my own team, i'm not under prepared because I havent seen how it operates before I attempt it. 

I havent been in contact with them like I have with Imaginarium, but I think that all of the companies I have been looking are valuable gateways into the industry and despite me favouring the stories of ones over others Im going to email and send covering letters to as many as I can find.

No comments:

Post a Comment