Thursday 25 July 2013

ResubPPP// Flickr Account and Business cards

I have also set up a flickr account which I think will be very useful for me as I can upload screenshots from my videos to add more depth to them as viewing them as photos as well.


I really like Flickr and the way that its set out and even if i'm not noticed for me videos I can be noticed for these images which are screen shots of them. I have also made a YouTube and Vimeo account to upload videos to a quantity audience and quality audience respectively.

Although Vimeo is a fantastic website both visually and how easy it is to navigate I don't think its the one for me. Vimeo's quality ability doesn't not come without cost, actual cost, from you, every year, for about 40 quid. Now I know you pay for quality but you can get 1080p videos on YouTube and they look just as good as Vimeo. Vimeo would be a fantastic tool if you were already rich and could afford to pay for it every year, but alas, i'm not rich, and being rich also helps with filmmaking so Im going to either win the lottery or stick to YouTube.

Despite staying on YouTube its layout has nothing on Vimeo's. It looks like it was made overnight and looks more like a Facebook news feed other than anything else. More customisable options are needed I think.

I also emailed a company called Mama's Sauce which design and print business cards. Unfortunately when they replied they said that they wernt designing any at the moment but were very happy to print any designs that I had.



I'm definitely going to pursue this as some of their work is fantastic with business cards you would want as a piece of art. Plus business cards are a fantastic way to network and the better looking and sexier my business cards look the better and the more likely people will hang on to them whether they are looking for a filmmaker or not.


No comments:

Post a Comment