Thursday 25 July 2013

ResubPPP// Nest Magazine

A while back Leeds College of Art's Nest magazine approached a friend of mine, Tom Stephens, to see if he wanted to film their second launch party. He agreed and then proceeded to ask me if I wanted to help and I obviously jumped at the opportunity to be behind the camera again. We weren't paid for this in any conventional terms but a free beer for a few hours work wasn't that bad at all.

I really enjoyed the experience despite it not being one of my most favourite things to film. Everything we did was valuable experience and experimenting with shot selection with close ups, pans and zooming shots all helped me to analyse the situation and deduce which shots would work the best.



As the launch wasn't that big there weren't a massive amount of variety of shots that we could use. But what we did get I thought was really good and the jazz band they hired did a really good job. I also liked getting to grips with the Sony XD cam which is more experience I can take into the industry should I ever have to use one.

I was only involved in the filming of the event as at the time my editing skills were less than average. However knowing this at the event gave me the motivation to go and start to learn how to use programmes like Premiere Pro. Which I am now very competent in using as a result.
However here is the link to final Nest video edited by Tom Stephens.

https://vimeo.com/63394156


No comments:

Post a Comment