Monday 22 July 2013

ResubPPP// Sixteen FIlms

Another company I've received info about is from Sixteen films. They Are currently putting together a film which is  a political thriller set after a nuclear attack. This is a fantastic premise for a film as the contradictory terms, nuclear and political, as after a nuclear attack there wouldn't exactly be a solid or even stable government. I'm very interested in how they will tackle this as I love the whole disaster/apocalypse genre, as most of them are not completely impossible. One thing I could foresee Sixteen encountering is making it exciting, as after a nuclear war people/situations aren't exactly going to be normal and people will be irrational and scared and will do stupid things. The political side to this needs to be interlinked with the ensuing madness which would be inevitable after a nuclear holocaust.


From their website they seem to have a really good collection of films they have produced. With some names I recognise like 'Looking for Eric' the story of Manchester United fan meeting his hero Eric Cantona. Sixteen films look like another really good quality production company which is another great avenue into the industry. Sixteen, Harbour and Imaginarium are all companies I'm going to be emailing, among others, next year to try and get work/placements. I'm looking a lot more towards paid work as it looks better on the CV and it would never be a bad thing to be paid to do something which I love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment