Monday 13 May 2013

///Cloud Tanks.



For this project I am going to be repeating a process I have used before in the COP module. A friend showed this video too me about cloud tanks by 'Joey Shanks'. He explained the use and fun you can have with this process.



This video inspired me too do it for the previous module and I thought i would expand upon this. I thought that if you used models to add to the tanks atmosphere you could create even eerier alien landscapes.

Cloud tanks have been used in many different films over the years which suggests the outcomes can be awesome if done correctly. I have done this before and got amazing results but I do not think that this is something that I have explored completely.

I also looked at The Tree of Life and how Douglas Turnbull insisted on using cloud tanks instead of computer graphics to create some of the visuals in the tree of life. The results were pretty astounding and greatly inspirational in perfecting my own techniques.






No comments:

Post a Comment