Wednesday 22 May 2013

///What I, Could've and Would've done better.



Despite the results that I acquired I still think that there are elements I should have included in the film that were possibly overlooked for whatever reason.  Elements such as hydrophobic sand, a bigger tank, more variety of colours and models and other things.


There might also be a place for re designing the process to a certain extent. If I had (a lot) of olive oil/any oil really. I could make a third layer to mess with. Salt water on the bottom, then fresh and oil on top. I would have to make all the layers fairly even to get some good shots. The yellow of the the oil could be an issue but I can change that with colour correction and/or trying to mx oil based paint with the oil to create some different colours.
          It would also be really interesting to see how the materials I shot into the tank would react when shot into oil, and when they finally penetrated through to the water layer what will they bring with it. I could also use motor oil instead of cooking oil as the rainbow colours you see on the pavement after an oil leak. This could potentially look amazing as long as it was lit correctly.

Some of the shots are a bit wobbly so I need to invest or borrow a new tripod next time as it is really noticeable, especially with the macro shots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment