Saturday 18 May 2013

///Music for the Video



Obviously because all of the sound that I recorded mainly consisted of me whining about how something wasn't working and the music we had in the background, and because thats not very good sound design I decided to do some research into some music that would sound good.



The first band I looked at was 'Massive Attack'. They have a multitude of weird and funky sounds backed with some great singers and a depth and innovation that is lost in a lot of todays music. Massive Attack's strong melodies and interesting beats made them perfect choice of the sound track, 

I was mainly interested in their album, Protection (1994). A lot of the songs are very atmosphere punctuated with smooth melodies and guitar riffs. The weird sounds they employ will be perfect for the weird things going on in the fish tank i'm filming.

WEATHER STORM///





HEAT MISER///





BETTER THINGS///





PROTECTION///




The songs above are my favourites for the soundtrack so far. However its not always the entire song that I want. There are plenty of parts of these songs which wouldn't work with the tank, if the beats too fast or the track is too complicated then it wouldn't fit with the smooth tranquil flow of the water in the tank. 







No comments:

Post a Comment